What is Peripheral Neuropathy
Peripheral Neuropathy is a condition that affects the motor and sensory nerves that connect your spinal cord to the rest of your body. Typically, people afflicted with neuropathy feel it most in their hands and feet with symptoms like:
- Gradual onset of numbness in limbs
- Pricking or tingling in your feet or hands
- Sharp - jabbing pain that feels like “pins and needles”
- Electrical – crawling pain
- Extreme sensitivity to touch
- Restless legs
- Cold or burning sensation in feet or hands
- Muscle weakness and stiffness
- Lack of coordination, fatigue, and falling
If you’ve been diagnosed with Peripheral Neuropathy, you probably are on a combination of medications such as gabapentin, neurotin, or cymbalta. While these drugs can mask some of the symptoms they are sadly not addressing the source of the problem. Your nerves are still continuing to deteriorate. Once that deterioration turns to nerve death there is no opportunity for healing. If you have been told to just live with the pain there is another choice! Here at Maximum Health Center we treat varying stages of Peripheral Neuropathy. Once your evaluation shows you are a candidate for treatment, your Peripheral Neuropathy can be controlled and even corrected!
How is Maximum Health Center different?
Here at Maximum Health Center we strive to give our patients the best care. Our current healthcare system is modeled around the acute care approach. Doctors are well trained to manage acute conditions like: heart attacks, broken bones, and near death injuries. Where they fall short is treating chronic conditions that require a different method of care. At Maximum Health Center we look at the body as a whole and we address the underlying causes of chronic conditions allowing our patients to regain their health.
At Our Offices You Will Learn About:
- The Nobel Prize winning discovery that has led to patients seeing an average of an 87% reduction in pain symptoms
- How peripheral neuropathy is diagnosed and when it can be treated
- The causes of peripheral neuropathy and the key to healing and prevention
- A NASA developed technology that helps reduce painful neuropathy symptoms
- 3 easy changes to your diet to help prevent the development of peripheral neuropathy
- Advanced diagnostic testing for determination if your condition is treatable
- An easy and simple home therapy used by some of the largest hospitals in the U.S. to treat certain types of peripheral neuropathy
We have an innovative and systematic approach to treatment, which gets you back to a healthy, happy life. If other treatments haven’t worked for you, if medications aren’t working, if physical therapy isn’t enough, there are other options! It’s possible you are a good fit for our program! The techniques we use address the neurological, metabolic, and nutritional factors of neuropathy.
What to Expect
Expect to spend 60-90 minutes at the appointment. You will receive education about neuropathy. At that point you can choose to have an exam and evaluation from a Doctor of Chiropractic. The severity of your case will be determined and it will be decided if your case can be accepted. Then a protocol will be developed with your specific needs in mind. There are in-clinic appointments during your care but many of the therapies can be done from the comfort of your own home.